If you are looking for a unique and impressive way to enjoy your cannabis, the cannagar might be just what you need. These cannabis cigars are hand-rolled with whole cannabis leaves or other wrap material and packed with ground cannabis flower, resulting in a potent and flavorful smoking experience. Cannagars can be wrapped in whatever you want! Rolling papers, blunt wraps, a hybrid of the two, cannabis leaves, rose petals – These let you get as creative as you desire.
The best part? Cannagars are basically super jam packed joints with a channel hollowed out in the middle, so they burn slow, but the channel or hole, allows the perfect airflow for a full hoot and a long lasting experience. Cannagars can burn upwards of 2 hours depending on the amount of flower and extracts you add. A cannagar is the perfect experience for any event that allows you the time to smoke one. Poker game? Out on the golf course? Beach party, bachelor party, snowboarding trip? You need to spin up a cannagar.
In this article, we will explore the art of rolling cannagars, including detailed steps and tips for making the perfect cannagar. You are going to need a few supplies first, here’s what you need:
Rolling a Cannagar – Here’s What You Need!
- Premium cannabis – how ever much you think is perfect. We use between 7g – 28g!
- Extracts of any sorts – Rosin, shatter, THCA diamonds always work wonderful
- Blunt wraps or rolling papers
- A Cannagar mold – Get yours 15% off here.
What is a Cannagar?
A cannagar is essentially a cannabis cigar, made by rolling ground cannabis flower in whole cannabis leaves or other wrap material, such as tobacco leaves or hemp wraps. These cigars are typically packed tightly with cannabis to create a slow-burning, smooth smoking experience. Cannagars can be made in a variety of sizes and shapes, and can be infused with other herbs or extracts to enhance the flavor and aroma.
Why Smoke a Cannagar?
There are several reasons why you might choose to smoke a cannagar over other forms of cannabis consumption. For one, cannagars are a long lasting way to enjoy your cannabis, perfect for special occasions or social gatherings. They can also provide a longer and more potent high than smoking a joint or pipe, as the slow burn allows for a more gradual release of cannabinoids. Additionally, cannagars are often made with high-quality cannabis flower, resulting in a richer and more flavorful smoking experience.
The Art of Rolling a Cannagar
Rolling a cannagar is a bit more challenging than rolling a traditional joint or blunt, but with some patience and practice, you can master the art of rolling a perfect cannagar. Here are some detailed steps for rolling a cannagar:
- Ground cannabis flower
- Whole cannabis leaves or other wrap material (such as tobacco leaves or hemp wraps)
- Wooden dowel (sized to fit in the center of your cannagar)
- Cannabis rosin, resin, shatter – you choose the extracts
- Kief to voer it up for an additional touch
How To Roll a Cannagar
- Start by selecting your cannabis leaves or wrap material. You want to choose leaves that are flexible and can be wrapped tightly around your cannagar. If you are using whole cannabis leaves, remove the stems and set them aside.
- Take your wooden dowel and wrap it with a small piece of cannabis leaf, using a bit of cannabis resin or honey to hold it in place. This will become the center of your cannagar.
- Take a larger cannabis leaf and wrap it around the wooden dowel, overlapping the edges slightly to create a seam. Use a bit of cannabis resin or honey to seal the seam.
- Once you have your first layer of cannabis leaf in place, it’s time to start adding your ground cannabis. Pack the cannabis tightly around the wooden dowel, being careful not to leave any air pockets. Use the wooden dowel to push the cannabis down and create a tight, uniform cylinder.
- This is where you need to decide if you’re adding extracts and what you’re doing with them. Some people prefer mixing them on the inside, other cover the outside with stick extracts and roll their end product in pure kief. It’s time to get creative.
- Continue adding ground cannabis and packing it tightly around the wooden dowel, layer by layer. You can use different strains of cannabis to create different layers and flavors. Be sure to pack each layer firmly to create a dense cannagar.
- Once you have added all the ground cannabis, wrap the remaining cannabis leaf around the cannagar, using cannabis resin or honey to seal the seam.
- Now it’s time to remove the wooden dowel. Slowly and carefully pull the wooden dowel out of the center of the cannagar, leaving a hollow channel. You can pack the channel with more ground cannabis, or leave it empty for airflow.
- Once you have removed the wooden dowel, you can trim the excess leaf and shape the cannagar as desired.
- To smoke the cannagar, light the end and draw on the other end to inhale the smoke. You may need to use a torch lighter or a regular lighter with a large flame to light the cannagar evenly.
- Once you have shaped the cannagar, you can let it dry for a few hours or overnight. This will help the cannabis and wrap material to bind together more firmly and create a smoother smoking experience.
- To enhance the flavor and aroma of your cannagar, you can add other herbs, spices, or extracts. Some popular options include rose petals, lavender, mint, cinnamon, and vanilla and of course whichever cannabis extracts you desire.
- To create a more decorative and eye-catching cannagar, you can add additional layers of whole cannabis leaves or other wrap material, in different colors or patterns. You can also use twine or string to tie the cannagar into a specific shape or design.
Tips for Rolling the Perfect Cannagar:
- Use high-quality cannabis flower: The quality of your cannabis flower will greatly affect the taste and potency of your cannagar. Choose a strain that you enjoy and that is known for its high THC content.
- Use a wooden dowel: The wooden dowel will help you create a uniform shape and pack the cannabis tightly. Make sure to choose a dowel that is the right size for your cannagar.
- Apply your extracts where necessary. Rosin is best rubbed into your buds. Shatter is best broken into shards, or rolled into a skinny snake and woven into the roll. Diamonds and sauce tend to be best mixed throughout the joint. Just remember, you want your extracts closer to the tip you light, so they will melt and distribute down the cannagar as it’s smoked.
- Experiment with different herbs and spices: Adding other herbs or spices can enhance the flavor and aroma of your cannagar, and make it more unique and interesting.
- Store your cannagar properly: Once you have rolled your cannagar, store it in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. This will help to preserve the quality of the cannabis and wrap material.
Rolling a cannagar is a bit more challenging than rolling a traditional joint or blunt, but it can be a fun and rewarding experience. With some patience and practice, you can create a beautiful and potent cannabis cigar to enjoy. Whether you are looking for a unique and impressive way to enjoy your cannabis, or simply want to experiment with different methods of consumption, cannagars are definitely worth trying. Follow the steps and tips outlined in this article, and you’ll be on your way to rolling the perfect cannagar.
Check out a variety list of rolling papers here.