The Best Weed Caramels Made With FECO / RSO
How To Make The Best Weed Caramels With FECO / RSO
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tbs water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp FECO / RSO + coconut oil mixture
- Oil a pan (I use a loaf pan), then cover it with parchment paper and oil it as well.
- Heat the first three ingredients (sugar, corn syrup, and water) over medium heat until they reach 320F, then check with a candy thermometer.
- Microwave the heavy cream and butter until the butter melts, stirring every 30 seconds, while the sugar cooks.
- Add your infused oil to the cream. If you’re using infused butter, skip this step.
- Add roughly a quarter of the cream/butter combination to the sugar when it reaches 320F and stir it with your candy thermometer. Because it will bubble, add it a little at a time. The temperature will reduce once everything has been blended.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the caramel reaches 255 degrees Fahrenheit (this takes about 10 minutes.)
- Fill your greased pan halfway with liquid caramel.
- Wait 10 minutes before sprinkling coarse sea salt on top. Your caramel will be ready to cut and eat after two hours. If you want the caramel to be a little firmer, chill it.