Cannabis Gummies Ingredients & Tools
Stock solution of potassium sorbate
- 1 part potassium sorbate to 3 parts water (1 tablespoon P.S. to 3 tablespoons water, for example) – Mix and keep in a cool, dark spot
- It will be good through the expiration on the dry powder package
Infused Coconut Oil – Check out Extracts Infused Coconut Oil Recipe.
- This recipe was tweaked for 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
A good candy thermometer or an instant read thermometer that you trust.
- This recipe makes 410mL
Cannabis Gummies Part 1 Requires
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon water
Cannabis Gummies Part 2 Requires
- 1/2 cup water
- 46 grams gelatin (225+ bloom strength)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (infused)
- 1 tablespoon lecithin (sunflower, liquid)
- 1.5ml potassium sorbate stock solution (1:4 stock solution, at top of page)
- 1/4 to 1 1/4 teaspoon lorann oil flavoring (candy and baking extra strength flavor)
- 1 teaspoon citric acid
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum. (It helps to mix the guar gum with the citric acid to help it not clumping when you add it in)
Cannabis (THC) Infused Gummies
Here’s your recipe and quick guide on making your own cannabis (THC) infused gummies at home.
- Add all into a small sauce pan. Stir often. Medium heat. Bring to 240F. This is called “softball stage”.
- Once you hit 240F take off heat immediately and place to the side.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the cold water into a medium sauce pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin on top and give a mix – The gelatin will most likely absorb all the water and be a mess
- Let this sit for 5 minutes.( this step can also be done before part 1)
- After 5 minutes. Turn on heat to medium/low – Mix often, bring to 160F
- Add in the rest of part 2’s ingredients
- Bring back up to 160F (By this time part 1 should be cooled down enough, double check you want it to be around 150-180F) pour part 1 into part 2 IF part 1 has cooled below 180F
- Bring this whole mixture up to 160F-170F. DO NOT BOIL. DO NOT EXCEED 180F
- Mix, mix, mix, but not with a whisk. Try to not form air bubbles. Mix untell both part 1 and 2 are fully combined
- Pour mixture into a 500ml squeeze bottle. Depending on how well you recover everything you should have just a little over 400ml.
- Pour into molds
- Allow to sit on counter for 1 hour then into the fridge for a few hours.
- Once set, take gummies out of the molds and put onto wax paper for a few days to dry out. Flip every 6 hours
- Once you have your preferred firmness store either in the fridge or in an airtight container in a cool dark spot. Shelf stable for up to 6 months